Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Serves: 1 (can feed as many as you get ingredients for)
Bacon, mushroom cheeseburger on Onion roll.
This is the ultimate burger that was originally made for me by a friend of mine substituting the ground sirloin for thin sliced deli roast beef.
- ¼ lb ground sirloin (ask your butcher to grind up a sirloin steak for best results.)
- onion roll or onion bagel
- 2 slices of bacon
- sautéed mushrooms (browned mushrooms in butter and garlic in frying pan) *Optional
- generous slice of sharp Cheddar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Form patty, season with salt and pepper both sides.
- Grill burger to desired cooking temperature. I like mine medium, so 5-7 mins each side will do.
- Cook bacon.
- Sauté Mushrooms in butter and fresh garlic.
- Slice cheese
- Toast Onion roll in broiler or on grill.