Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 4 servings
- bones and trimmings from 1 turkey
- 5 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- ½ cup uncooked rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Combine turkey, water, salt, bay leaf, poultry seasoning and pepper in Dutch oven or large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to simmer and cook, covered, 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove bones; cut off meat and return meat to broth.
- Add carrots, corn, onion, celery and rice to broth.
- Simmer, covered, 30 minutes or until rice and vegetables are tender.
- Garnish with parsley.