Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
An hour in a pressure cooker would sure shorten the cooking time. This is cooked on top of the stove and not in the oven. (I have cooked it in the oven at 350°F for 3 hours so I would not have to watch it so it wouldn't start to dry out and burn.)
- Contributed by Pressurecookerrecipes Y-Group
- Serves 6 to 8
- 1 x 4-pound rump roast or your favorite roast
- 2 teaspoons meat tenderizer
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon basil leaves
- Allow roast to stand at room temperature to warm up slightly.
- Moisten surface, then sprinkle with meat tenderizer. Pierce several times with a fork.
- Place is a large skillet or Dutch oven that has a cover.
- Sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper; Dust lightly with flour.
- Slowly brown all sides in hot oil.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 3 hours or until tender.
- Carrots, potatoes and onions may be added the last 45 minutes of cooking time if desired.