An hour in a pressure cooker would sure shorten the cooking time. This is cooked on top of the stove and not in the oven. (I have cooked it in the oven at 350°F for 3 hours so I would not have to watch it so it wouldn't start to dry out and burn.)
- Contributed by Pressurecookerrecipes Y-Group
- Serves 6 to 8
- 1 x 4-pound rump roast or your favorite roast
- 2 teaspoons meat tenderizer
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon basil leaves
- Allow roast to stand at room temperature to warm up slightly.
- Moisten surface, then sprinkle with meat tenderizer. Pierce several times with a fork.
- Place is a large skillet or Dutch oven that has a cover.
- Sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper; Dust lightly with flour.
- Slowly brown all sides in hot oil.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 3 hours or until tender.
- Carrots, potatoes and onions may be added the last 45 minutes of cooking time if desired.