Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 1½ to 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 egg, beaten
- ⅓ cup milk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 to 3 lbs broiler/fryers, cut up
- vegetable oil
- Combine flour, salt, thyme, paprika.
- Combine egg,milk, lemon juice.
- Roll chicken in flour mixture, dip into egg mixture, then back in flour again.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Heat ½ inch of oil to 375°F in electric skillet.
- Put chicken in skillet and fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Reduce heat to 250°F, cover and continue to cook for 25 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.