Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Kristine Marumoto, Salt Lake City, UT
- Makes 4 to 6 servings
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp flour
- 3 cups water
- 3 tsp chicken bouillon granules
- 10 oz pkg. frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté onion in butter until tender; blend in flour.
- Add water, bouillon, broccoli, half and half and bay leaf.
- Simmer until broccoli is thawed; bring to a boil.
- Before serving, salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove bay leaf.