Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Hot scones, served as they are removed from the oven, are an English specialty. A must for five o'clock tea. Serve with butter and jam.
- Preparation: easy.
- Preparation time: 30 minutes | total baking time 10 minutes
- Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add butter.
- Combine with your fingers, a wooden spoon or a pastry blender until coarse crumbs form.
- Add buttermilk.
- Quickly stir to form dough.
- Divide dough in half.
- Form each half into a ball.
- Flatten to a round.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Cut each crosswise into 4 pieces but not all the way through.
- Bake on the middle rack at 425°F for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.Very hot.;)