These cookies look so pretty on a tray either all made with the same flavor of jam or with an assortment of jams.
- Contributed by Lilly at Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Taste of Home's Test Kitchen Favorites
- Makes about 3½ dozen cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ – ½ cup seedless raspberry jam
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in extract; gradually add flour until dough forms ball.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hr or until easy to handle.
- Roll dough into 1" balls.
- Place 1" apart on un-greased baking sheets.
- Using end of wooden spoon handle, make indentation in center.
- Fill with jam.
- Bake at 350°F for 14 – 18 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Spoon additional jam into cookies if desired.
- Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over cooled cookies.