- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp Freshly grated orange peel
- 2 tbsp shortening
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup Chopped fresh cranberries
- 1 cup Hershey's Mini Chips semi-sweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup Chopped nuts
powdered sugar Glaze Edit
- Beat 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon softened butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract in small bowl until smooth.
- (If thinner glaze is desired; add additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time.)
- About 1/2 cup glaze.
- Heat oven to 350 °F. Grease 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Stir together flour, Sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in large bowl.
- Add orange juice, orange peel, shortening and egg; stir with spoon until well blended.
- Stir in cranberries, small chocolate chips and nuts. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour and 5 to 10 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack.
- Prepare powdered sugar Glaze, if desired; spread over top of loaf.
- Cool completely. 1 loaf (14 servings).