Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
These scones are really good, they are like biscuits, and they go great with butter on them. They are a cinch to bake and make.
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbs unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 tbs lemon juice plus enough milk to equal 1 cup
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbs sugar
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spread a sheet of parchment paper on countertop.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Add butter, mix until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir lemon juice milk mixture into dough, along with blueberries, lemon peel and egg until combined.
- Pat half of the dough into a 7 inch circle on one end of parchment paper. Repeat, with remaining dough, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Brush with egg white, sprinkle with sugar.
- Cut halfway down but not through each circle, 6 wedges for each round.
- Slide paper with dough onto baking sheet.
- Bake 18 min. or until golden brown. Cool slightly. Pull apart at cut lines.
- Serve warm or at room temp.
MAKES 12 SCONES.