Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Thanks to Julie, who shops at our Overland Park, Kansas store, for generously sharing her idea for this exceptional berry salad. Blueberries add a burst of sweet, acidic flavor and significant antioxidant nutrition. The olive oil and orange juice dressing is enlivened by lemon thyme leaves. Add grilled or broiled chicken or tempeh for a heartier meal.
- 8 cups loosely packed organic baby field greens or a combination mixed with baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- 1 – 2 tablespoons fresh lemon thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot (optional)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup roasted sliced or slivered almonds
- Place greens, blueberries, blue cheese and red onion in a serving bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together olive oil, orange juice, lemon thyme leaves, shallot if desired, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss salad with the dressing and garnish with roasted, sliced almonds.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (208 g-wt.):
- 260 calories (200 from fat) | 23g total fat | 4.5g saturated fat | 6g protein | 13g total carbohydrate (4g dietary fiber, 4g sugar) | 5mg cholesterol | 290mg sodium