Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Benne seeds (sesame seeds) cannot be procured in many places, but the candy made with it is delicious and very characteristic of Charleston.
- Add the extracts to the sugar.
- Melt the sugar in a saucepan, stirring constantly, as for Peanut brittle.
- When the sugar is melted, add the benne seed, stirring it in quickly.
- Pour at once onto a marble slab to cool or pour into lightly buttered pans.
- Mark in one-inch squares while still warm and break along the lines when cold.