Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Aloo Poshto is nothing but a poppy seed preparation. It's a famous Bengali dish which is generally eaten with a Daal/Lentil supplement. It's really easy to cook and very tasty. So don't waste time and try it out.
- 100g poppy seeds
- 1 medium potato
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp butter, to taste (start from 1 tbsp)/oil (mustard oil recommended)
- salt, to taste
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- green chilies, to taste
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup water
- Fry the potatoes in a separate pan and keep them aside.
- Saute the poppy seeds at medium heat and then grind with green chilies.
- Add oil in a deep pan (cook preferably in a nonstick pan) and once the oil gets heated add the mustard and cumin seeds.
- Then add the poppy seed mixture and fry till golden brown.
- Add the turmeric and chili powder. Fry it with a closed lid at medium heat.
- Add the potatoes and fry for 5 minutes and put the water and salt and heat till the water totally evaporates.