Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Aloo Poshto is nothing but a poppy seed preparation. It's a famous Bengali dish which is generally eaten with a Daal/Lentil supplement. It's really easy to cook and very tasty. So don't waste time and try it out.
- 100g poppy seeds
- 1 medium potato
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp butter, to taste (start from 1 tbsp)/oil (mustard oil recommended)
- salt, to taste
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- green chilies, to taste
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup water
- Fry the potatoes in a separate pan and keep them aside.
- Saute the poppy seeds at medium heat and then grind with green chilies.
- Add oil in a deep pan (cook preferably in a nonstick pan) and once the oil gets heated add the mustard and cumin seeds.
- Then add the poppy seed mixture and fry till golden brown.
- Add the turmeric and chili powder. Fry it with a closed lid at medium heat.
- Add the potatoes and fry for 5 minutes and put the water and salt and heat till the water totally evaporates.