Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Lilly at Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 Quart
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup pecan halves
- ½ cup roasted whole almonds
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy or whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Soak raisins in 1 cup water overnight in refrigerator.
- The next day, drain raisins and combine them with pecans, almonds and chocolate chips in bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Melt unsweetened chocolate in top of double boiler over hot, not boiling water.
- Gradually whisk in cocoa and heat, stirring constantly, until smooth.
- The chocolate may clump together, but don't worry, the milk will dissolve it.
- Whisk in milk, a little at a time and heat until blended.
- Remove and let cool.
- Whisk eggs in mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1 – 2 minutes.
- Whisk in sugar, a little at a time; then continue mixing until completely blended, about 1 minute more.
- Pour in cream and vanilla extract and whisk to blend.
- Pour chocolate mixture into cream mixture and blend.
- Cover and refrigerate until cold, about 1-2 hr, depending on your refrigerator.
- Transfer mixture to ice cream maker and freeze, following manufacturer's directions.
- After ice cream stiffens, about 2 minutes before it is done, add raisin mixture; then continue freezing until ice cream is ready.