Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 3 egg yolks
- 50 g (2 oz) caster sugar
- 4 tsp cocoa
- 300 ml (pint) milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp rum
- 150 ml (* pint) whipping cream, whipped,
- 8 trifle sponges
- 2 tbsp pear jam
- 1 x 425 g (15 oz) can pears in juice
- almonds and a cherry
- Cream the egg yolks, sugar and cocoa until fluffy.
- Bring milk and extract to the boil, pour over egg mixture, whisk and add the rum.
- Strain mixture into a heavy based or double saucepan, stir over gentle heat until custard thickens.
- Fold in most of the cream.
- Split the sponges, spread with jam, arrange sponges and pears in the base of a serving bowl, use some of the juice to moisten sponges.
- Cover with chocolate sauce, decorate with remaining cream, chocolate, almonds and the cherry.