Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Belgian Truffle Cheesecake, one of the finest desserts served in Belgium and over the world. Requires good cooking skills but it's all worth it when you taste it !
For the Crust:
- 200g/7oz plain chocolate
- 75g/3oz butter, melted
- 225g/8oz Digestive Biscuits or Wafer cookies, crushed
For the Filling:
- 225g/8oz caster sugar
- 250g/9oz cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- 90ml/3fl.oz. hazelnut Liqueur
- 8 squares plain chocolate
- 120ml/4fl.oz. sour cream
For the Topping:
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4.
2. Melt the butter and chocolate in a medium saucepan then add the biscuit crumbs and mix well. Press the mixture evenly over bottom and up sides of a 22cm/9-inch springform tin to within 1cm/1/2-inch of the top. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
5. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition.
6. Pour onto the crumb base, smooth top with a palette knife and bake for 45 to 55 minutes or just until the centre has just set. Cool in the tin on a wire rack, then refrigerate for 8 hours.
7. To serve: run sharp knife around the edge of cake to loosen then remove the sides of the tin. Spread the top of the cake with an even layer of sour cream and decorate with grated chocolate and sprinkle with icing sugar.