A great vegetarian recipe based on salsify and various parts enhancing the taste to a fine level ! Easy made, easy eat ! Enjoy !
- 2 pounds salsify
- 1 lemon
- lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 6 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- pepper -- to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley -- finely chopped
- Trim the roots and tops of the salsify and peel with a vegetable peeler.
- Cut crosswise into 2 inch long pieces and keep in a bowl of water with lemon juice to prevent discoloring.
- Place flour in medium saucepan and whisk in cold water, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon salt and salsify.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover and cook until tender about 15 minutes.
- Mix the butter with mustard, combine with salsify.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.