Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Enjoy this Belgian Pretzels recipe, easy to make and fast to bake! Enjoy
- 1 pkg active dry yeast
- 3 cups unbleached flour
- 1cups warm (110 – 120°F) water
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- coarse salt to coat
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add salt and sugar to yeast mixture.
- Blend in flour and knead dough until smooth, about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Cover and let dough rise until double in bulk.
- Punch down.
- Cut dough into small pieces and roll into ropes.
- Twist ropes into pretzel shapes and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Using a pastry brush, brush pretzels with egg and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Allow pretzels to rise until almost double in bulk.
- Bake at 425°F for 10 to 15 minutes or until browned.
- Best if eaten immediately.