Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Very nice potato croquettes as they are eaten in Belgium. Requires basic cooking skills and easy to prepare !
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- approx ½ cup water
- 2 oz butter
- a pinch of nutmeg
- 2 oz plain flour
- 2 eggs
- vegetable oil for frying
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with salted water, bring to the boil then cook for 15-20 minutes until soft.
- Drain the potatoes well, return to the pan and mash with a fork or potato masher.
- Set aside.
- In another saucepan, mix together the water, butter, salt and nutmeg.
- Bring to the boil then stir in the flour and reduce the heat a little.
- Beat with a wooden spoon until the mixture pulls away from the sides of the pan and forms a ball, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the eggs, one at the time, beating well after each addition.
- Continue to beat the mixture until smooth and shiny then add the mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Preheat the deep fat fryer to 180°C, 350°F and preheat the oven to 170°C, 325°F, gas mark 3.
- Drop tablespoons of the potato mixture into the oil, flattening each croquette with the back of the spoon and cook for a few minutes until crisp and golden, turning once or twice.
- You will need to do this in batches.
- Drain well on kitchen paper and keep warm in the oven whilst you cook the remaining croquettes.
- Serve hot.