Nothing to add to this very delicious tasting recipe, one of the most enjoyable desserts after the main dish !
- 1 x 20cm/8-inch Sweet Shortcrust Pastry Flan case
- 300ml/10fl.oz. water
- 2-3 tbsp caster sugar
- 450g/1lb Fresh Ripe Plums, halved and stoned
Crème Patissière Edit
- 75g/3oz granulated sugar
- 3 egg Yolks
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 240ml/8fl.oz. Boiling milk
- 25g/1oz butter
- 1 teasp vanilla extract
- Place the water and caster sugar in a large saucepan, bring to the boil, stirring then add the plums and mix well.
- Reduce the heat and cook for 5-10 minutes until the plums are just tender but still in tact.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl beat together the granulated sugar and egg yolks until pale and thick.
- Whisk in the flour until smooth.
- Gradually add the boiling milk in a steady stream, whisking constantly.
- Transfer to a saucepan and slowly heat to near boiling point, stirring constantly.
- Continue to cook for a further 2 minutes stirring all the time.
- Remove from the heat, beat in the butter and vanilla extract then stand the saucepan in cold water and continue to stir until cooled.
- Once cold, pour the creme into the pastry case then arrange the plums (cut sides down) in the filled case.
- The tops of the plums should stand above the crème. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt the jam with the lemon juice over a low heat mixing well.
- Brush the apricot mixture over the top of the plums to glaze them then set aside to get completely cold before serving.