Do we need to say more about this infamous traditional recipe ? Enjoy !!!
1. Preheat the deep fat fryer to 160C/320F. Peel the potatoes then cut into slices 1 cm/just under 1/2 inch thick. Cut the slices into chips/fries 1 cm/just under 1/2 inch thick.
2. Place the chips in a colander and rinse well under cold running water then drain and dry well on kitchen paper.
3. Place the chips if the basket, lower into the oil, cover the fryer and fry for 8–10 minutes until softened but not coloured. You may have to do this in batches depending on the size of your fryer.
4. Remove from the fryer and shake the basket to drain well. Set aside covered with kitchen paper for up to 30 minutes.
5. Turn the deep fat fryer up to 190C/375F making sure it has reached this temperature.
6. Fry the chips again, in batches if necessary, for 3–5 minutes or until crisp and golden. Do not cover the pan when frying the 2nd time.