The Belgian endive are also great stuffed with egg salad. In this recipe crab is used which is also an excellent choice.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on a serving dish and set aside.
- Trim ⅛ inch off the stem end of the endive and separate the leaves.
- Discard any that are brown and rinse the remaining leaves under cold water.
- Lay them on a paper towel to dry.
- Put the mayonnaise, basil and lemon juice in a blender or food processor, and turn the machine on.
- Drop in the garlic and process until the mayonnaise is smooth.
- Stir the crabmeat, ⅓ cup of the mayonnaise and salt together in a bowl.
- Stuff each endive leaf with a heaping teaspoon of the crab mixture and arrange them on the serving dish.