Delicious Christmas cookies or the cookies you can make whenever you want and wherever you are. You can replace various ingredients to create your own type of Belgian Christmas Cookies, think of replacing butter with real butter or instead of the decoration sugars you can choose for small piece of fruit.
- ⅔ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup finely chopped blanched almonds
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons red decorator sugar
- 2 teaspoons green decorator sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cream butter with extract; add brown sugar gradually, creaming until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together; add in thirds to creamed mixture, mixing until blended after each addition.
- Turn into a greased 15 x 10 x 1 inch jelly roll pan and spread evenly to edges.
- Sprinkle a mixture of almonds and cinnamon over batter, then sprinkle with a mixture of red and green sugars.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Cut into bars while still warm.
- Then let cool and enjoy