Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Beef Stew as it was meant ! Tasy and the way it is eaten in Belgian !
- 1 pound Bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 20 small boiling onions, peeled
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds lean Beef chuck, trimmed and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 16 ounces dark beer
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- Blanch the Bacon for 1 minute in boiling water.
- Place Bacon and butter or margarine in a large covered pot or Dutch oven.
- Cook over medium heat until Bacon is browned.
- Add onions; cook until golden.
- Add garlic, and cook for 1 or 2 minutes; take care not to burn the garlic. * Remove Bacon mixture from pot, and set aside.
- Add Beef to the fat left in the pot, and brown on all sides.
- When meat is browned, return Bacon mixture to the pot.
- Stir in flour, salt, and pepper.
- Add enough beer to just barely cover the meat.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, and cover.
- Cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Remove pot from heat, and stir in parsley, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Serve hot.