Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Good tasting Belgian Bean Pâté to put on everything you can imagine, taste and quality are yours with this traditional recipe !
- 2 cups 7-bean and barley
- ¼ cup cooking liquid from beans
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- ½ cup tahini
- 5 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove (juice from)
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 dash cayenne pepper or ¼ tsp chili powder
- sea salt (optional)
- sliced black olives
- Purée the cooked beans, using the liquid as needed to make a smooth purée.
- Combine the puree with the remaining ingredients except the olives. The mixture should be thick.
- Chill, covered, for at least 1 hour.
- Garnish with olives, if desired and serve as an hors d'oeuvre with whole wheat bread or crackers.