Good tasting Belgian Bean Pâté to put on everything you can imagine, taste and quality are yours with this traditional recipe !
- 2 cups 7-bean and barley
- ¼ cup cooking liquid from beans
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- ½ cup tahini
- 5 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove (juice from)
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 dash cayenne pepper or ¼ tsp chili powder
- sea salt (optional)
- sliced black olives
- Purée the cooked beans, using the liquid as needed to make a smooth purée.
- Combine the puree with the remaining ingredients except the olives. The mixture should be thick.
- Chill, covered, for at least 1 hour.
- Garnish with olives, if desired and serve as an hors d'oeuvre with whole wheat bread or crackers.