- 1 1/2 kg. Lamb, Beef, or horse meat
- 50 gr. butter/margarine
- to taste salt and pepper
- 500 ml. water
- 100 gr. Bacon
- 30 gr. flour
- Traditional preparation
- Cut the meat into thin slices, and roll each each in a mixture of salt and pepper.
- Put a slice of bacon on each slice of meat, roll up and tie up with twine.
- Brown in a hot pan. Add the water and cook until done through. Use the flour to thicken the sauce.
- Serve with potatoes, rhubarb jam and green peas.
- Easy method (recommended)
- Cut the meat into bite-sized pieces and brown in a frying pan. Put in a pot with the water and bring to a boil, then lower cooking temperature to a simmer.
- Cut the bacon into pieces, fry lightly and add to the meat.
- Cut one large onion in half and cut the halves into thin slices, crosswise. Fry in a pan until transparent and add to the meat. Simmer until the meat is done.
- Flavour the dish to taste with salt and pepper, and Season-All (optional). Always add a touch of [[garlic[[ as well. You can make a sauce out of the cooking liquid by thickening with flour, or serving as is.
- Serve with potatoes - boiled or caramelized - and a fresh salad.