Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Boil the water with the salt, the sugar and the butter.
- When the water begins to boil, throw the flour in all at once.
- Actively knead it with a spatula and let it cook for two minutes while incessantly kneading it, until the dough detaches itself from the bottom of the pot.
- Remove from flame and let it cool, then add the eggs one by one.
- Work the dough energetically after adding the first egg, to cause a little air to enter into the dough.
- Beat the second egg and add slowly, until the dough is ready.
- The dough should not be too soft, or too liquidly.
- Let it cool.
- Warm up the frying pan.
- It should not be very hot at the beginning.
- Form small balls of dough of about 4–5 cm in diameter.
- Drop them in the oil and let them cook while slowly adding heat to the fryer, in such a way that it is up to 150°C (302°F) when the beignets have been cooked.
- Pull them out when golden brown and serve hot, dipped in fine sugar.