Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 4 to 4½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 (¼ oz) pkg. active dry yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- vegetable oil
- powdered sugar
- Insert dough hook attachment to mixer.
- Mix 1½ cups of the flour, sugar, yeast and salt on low speed.
- Heat milk and butter in small saucepan until warm, 85 degrees.
- Add to flour mixture, mixing at medium speed.
- Add egg; mix at medium speed 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of the flour, beating at medium speed until smooth.
- Add remaining flour as necessary to make a soft elastic dough; mix at medium speed until dough climbs hook.
- Place dough in a greased bowl; cover and rise in warm place free from draft until doubled in bulk, about 1 to 1½ hours.
- Punch dough down; roll on floured surface to ¼ inch thickness.
- Cut dough into 2½ inch squares; cover and let rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Heat 2 inch oil in large saucepan to 350°F.
- Fry doughnuts until golden, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.