In Romanian: Sfecla cu unt si smantana
- 2 lbs/1 kg beets,
- 1 tablespoon butter,
- 1 teaspoon Sugar,
- 1 teaspoon vinegar,
- 1/2 cup sour cream,
- Boil or bake the beets, peel and julienne or cube.
- Place in a pan, with hot butter, 2-3 tablespoons of water, Sugar and salt.
- Cover and let boil, at slow temperature, for 10–15 minutes.
- Add the sour cream and vinegar and let boil again, until the liquid is reduced.
- Do not stir.
- Shake the pan every now and then.
- It may also be served as side dish for roasts or with fried meat balls.