Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Sfecla cu unt si smantana
- 2 lbs/1 kg beets,
- 1 tablespoon butter,
- 1 teaspoon Sugar,
- 1 teaspoon vinegar,
- 1/2 cup sour cream,
- Boil or bake the beets, peel and julienne or cube.
- Place in a pan, with hot butter, 2-3 tablespoons of water, Sugar and salt.
- Cover and let boil, at slow temperature, for 10–15 minutes.
- Add the sour cream and vinegar and let boil again, until the liquid is reduced.
- Do not stir.
- Shake the pan every now and then.
- It may also be served as side dish for roasts or with fried meat balls.