This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Harrington Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1991.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon rice flour
- 1 grated carrot
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- ½ beetroot grated
- 1 bunch spring onion finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon green chilies crushed fine
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ¼ teaspoon soda bicarbonate
- ½ teaspoon salt
- oil to shallow fry
- Mix all ingredients except oil then add enough water to make batter.
- Spread a big spoonful thickly into a hot omelet pan.
- Sprinkle a teaspoon oil over it.
- Flip over and roast the other side.
- Serve immediately.