- 900g (2 lb) of cooked beetroot skinned and diced
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 450g (1 lb) of pumpkin skinned, deseeded and finely grated.
- Zest of 2 oranges
- 15ml (1tablsp) of mustard powder
- 568ml (1 pint) of malt vinegar (red wine vinegar)
- 225g (8oz) of Sugar granulated
- 1ml/¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 5ml/1 level tablsp mild curry powder
- Combine all the ingredients together and bring to boil
- Simmer gently for 25 – 30 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Spoon into sterilised jars and cover
- Store in a cool dry place until ready to use.