Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 baby red or golden beets, trimmed
- 2 Tbs. peanut oil
- 1 cup packed sliced shallots
- 6 oz. cremini mushrooms, stemmed
- 1/2 lb. sugar snap peas, stringed
- 2 1/2 tsp. mustard seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 3/4 tsp. sugar
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced fennel
- 1/2 cup fresh shelled peas or 1/2 cup frozen
- 4 scallions (white and light green parts), sliced on diagonal into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
1. Bring medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add beets and cook, until tender, about 15 minutes; drain. When cool enough to handle, peel beets and cut each in half.
2. In large wok or large nonstick skillet, heat oil over high heat. Add Shallots and Mushrooms and stir-fry 3 minutes. Add sugar snap peas and stir-fry 2 minutes. Mix in mustard seeds, thyme and Sugar. Add, fennel and Peas and stir-fry 4 minutes. Add scallions, parsley, vinegar and beets; toss to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve hot.