Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A nice thich Canadian soup healthy and full of nutritious parts ! Oh and very tasty !
- Makes 8 servings.
- 4 leeks, sliced
- 3 beets, peeled and cubed (3 cups)
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 cup milk
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- In large saucepan, combine 4 cups water, leeks, beets, potatoes, garlic, salt and pepper; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 50 to 60 minutes or until beets are tender.
Transfer to blender in batches and puree until smooth. Stir in milk. (Soup can be cooled, covered and refrigerated for up to 1 day.) Return to pot; gently heat through. Ladle into warmed bowls; swirl in dollop of yogurt and garnish with Onion.