In Romanian: Supa de sfecla
- 3 qts / 3 l water
- 2 lbs / 1 kg red beets
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon butter
- boiled noodles or toasted bread
- Clean the beets, wash and grate.
- Set to boil with the water for 30–40 minutes (uncovered).
- Strain and then add to the liquid the salt, sugar and vinegar.
- After it comes to another boil, add the butter mixed with the flour and sour cream, mix well and let it boil for a little while.
- Serve with boiled noodles or toast.