Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Pressurecookerrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Quick Cuisine Pressure Cooker Cookbook
- Preparation time: 20 Minutes
- Makes 6 Servings
- 4 medium sized beets, gently washed and trimmed
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup shelled walnuts, halves or pieces
- 2 oz roquefort or blue cheese
- 4 servings mixed salad greens
- In a 3-quart or larger Duromatic pressure cooker, place whole beets on the steaming trivet with ½ cup of water in the bottom of the cooker.
- Close the lid and bring pressure to the second red ring (15psi) over high heat.
- Adjust heat to stabilize pressure at the second red ring and cook for 10 to 14 minutes depending on the size of the beets.
- Off heat, allow the pressure to subside naturally.
- Cool beets, slip off their skins and cut into julienne strips.
- Mix balsamic vinegar and mustard together.
- Slowly add the oil while whisking to make a vinaigrette.
- Toss the beets in the vinaigrette to coat them.
- Arrange greens on each plate and place beets on top.
- Just before serving, crumble roquefort over each serving and garnish with walnut pieces.