This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Shelton Estate in Arlington, Texas in 1992.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 12 ounces dark beer
- 6 ounces spicy vegetable juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- ½ cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 cup onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large bottle ketchup
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 3 eggs
- Combine ground beef, ½ cup onions, bread crumbs and eggs.
- Make mixture into small meatballs then bake for 30 minutes.
- In saucepan combine remaining ingredients and simmer 15 minutes.
- Put meatballs and sauce into slow cooker.
- The sauce should cover the meat.
- Allow to simmer in slow cooker for at least 3 hours, the longer you let them simmer the better.
- Stir them occasionally.