Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Shelton Estate in Arlington, Texas in 1992.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 12 ounces dark beer
- 6 ounces spicy vegetable juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- ½ cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 cup onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large bottle ketchup
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 3 eggs
- Combine ground beef, ½ cup onions, bread crumbs and eggs.
- Make mixture into small meatballs then bake for 30 minutes.
- In saucepan combine remaining ingredients and simmer 15 minutes.
- Put meatballs and sauce into slow cooker.
- The sauce should cover the meat.
- Allow to simmer in slow cooker for at least 3 hours, the longer you let them simmer the better.
- Stir them occasionally.