Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Wadley Estate in Allen, Texas in 1990.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 pounds lean ground round
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 medium white onions chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 3 fresh jalapeno peppers seeded and minced
- ¼ cup chili powder
- 28 ounce can Italian peeled tomatoes cut up and juices reserved
- 12 ounces beer
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1½ teaspoons cumin
- 1½ teaspoons oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- sour cream
- pickled jalapeno pepper slices
- shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped onions
- Cook ground round, ground pork, onions, bell pepper, garlic, and jalapenos for 8 minutes.
- Add chili powder and cook stirring for 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes with their juice, beer, tomato paste, salt, cumin, oregano and bay leaves.
- Bring to a simmer stirring often.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered stirring occasionally for 2 hours.
- In a small bowl stir together cornmeal and ½ cup chili until smooth.
- Stir cornmeal mixture into chili and cook until thickened about 5 minutes.
- Place sour cream, pickled jalapenos, cheddar cheese and onions in separate dishes.