Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- couple of pounds of Halibut
- enough cooking oil to allow deep frying
- 1 cup flour
- one 12-ounce bottle of
- 1 tbsp Of paprika and 1 ½ tsp
- For this batter, good quality, light-colored beers work best.
- The flavor of dark beers is too strong.
- Cut Halibut into 1-inch-thick chunks.
- Heat oil in a deep-fat fryer to 375 °F.
- Make batter by combining remaining ingredients.
- Dip the Halibut into the batter and drop the pieces into the hot oil a few at a time.
- Cook the fish chunks until the batter is golden brown ~ just a few minutes.
- Halibut overcooks easily, so try not to overdo it.
- Remove the fish pieces from the oil and drain on paper towels; serve piping hot with your favorite accompaniments.