The batter for this fried fish dish is light and crisp with a delicate beer flavor. Other fish fillets may be substituted for sole.
- Make 6 – 8 servings
- 2 lbs fillet of sole (or any white-fleshed fish)
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ⅛ tsp white pepper
- ½ cup beer
- 2 eggs, beaten
- vegetable oil
- tartar sauce
- Pat fish dry with paper towels.
- Cut each piece in half lengthwise.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Mix beer with eggs and 2 tbsp oil and add to dry ingredients.
- Stir just until moistened.
- Heat ¼ inch oil in a skillet.
- Dip each piece of fish in batter, coating well.
- Fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with tartar sauce.