Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The batter for this fried fish dish is light and crisp with a delicate beer flavor. Other fish fillets may be substituted for sole.
- Make 6 – 8 servings
- 2 lbs fillet of sole (or any white-fleshed fish)
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ⅛ tsp white pepper
- ½ cup beer
- 2 eggs, beaten
- vegetable oil
- tartar sauce
- Pat fish dry with paper towels.
- Cut each piece in half lengthwise.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Mix beer with eggs and 2 tbsp oil and add to dry ingredients.
- Stir just until moistened.
- Heat ¼ inch oil in a skillet.
- Dip each piece of fish in batter, coating well.
- Fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with tartar sauce.