Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Serves 3 to 4
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup beer
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper
- 3 chicken breast halves; skinless, boneless
- 1¼ cups vegetable oil
- Beat the egg lightly with a whisk.
- Beat in the beer, then the dry ingredients, whisking until smooth.
- Cover and let stand for 25 to 30 minutes before using.
- Cut chicken breasts in half lengthwise.
- Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over a medium-high heat until oil reaches desired temperature of 360°F (or use deep fryer).
- Using tongs to hold chicken strips, dip in batter;allow excess to drip off.
- Remove and carefully lower, one by one, into the hot oil.
- After about 1 minute, turn the strips.
- Continue to turn the strips occasionally until they are golden,cooking for a total of 4 to 6 minutes.
- Transfer to a paper towel lined tray.
- Pat more towels on top to absorb excess oil.
- Serve immediately with barbecue sauce or sweet and sour sauce.