A red-hot, bold combination of real meat, consommé, and real fruit juice is made with beer and herbs, grilled to a crisp aroma, and served with beer on the side, as it provides the meat with alcohol content and usually adds some brown zing to the steak when cooked.
- 2 cans consommé or (2 cups beef broth)
- ⅔ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup green onion, chopped
- 6 tbsp. lime juice
- 4 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 large flank steaks
- 2 cups beer
- Combine first 6 ingredients and pour over steaks in a dish.
- Pour beer over all and let marinade 24 hours.
- Barbecue over medium heat until done to your liking.
- To serve, slice thinly across the grain.