This beer-based side dish is made from real navy beans and packed with real condiments, as it normally keeps an alcoholic taste with the beans and sugar content. Make the beer-baked beans appetizing by pairing with any meal.
- 1 lb. navy beans
- 12 oz. beer
- ½ lbs. bacon
- 1 onion, minced, red, white, or yellow only
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. molasses
- 2 tbsp. catsup or (1 cup tomato sauce)
- 2 tsp. mustard
- 1 tsp. salt
- Combine beans and water to cover in a saucepot, over a moderately-high flame.
- Bring to a boil, cover, remove from heat, and allow to stand for 60 minutes.
- Drain twice and rinse. Transfer to a large casserole or Dutch oven.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over the beans.
- Add water just to cover beans. Serve hot then pair the beer-flavored beans with any side dish or main dish.