Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here's a finger food that's great for a house full of kids or to use as an appetizer. Blue corn tortilla chips add more flavor to this casual favorite. This dish works best when it is served immediately. For 4 people, just add soup and you have a complete meal.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Original recipe
- Makes 8 servings.
- 1 pound lean ground beef or lean ground round
- 1½ teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (15-ounce) can low-salt black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10-ounce) bag blue corn tortilla chips, divided
- 1 cup reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1 cup shredded lettuce, divided
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes, divided
- chopped green onions (optional)
- chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- sliced black olives (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- low-fat sour cream (optional)
- Cook beef, cumin and chili powder in a large skillet over medium- high heat 5 to 10 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble.
- Drain well.
- Stir in beans and cook until thoroughly heated.
- Layer ½ tortilla chips, ½ cup beef mixture, ½ cup cheese, ½ cup lettuce and ½ cup tomato on a large platter.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Garnish with green onions, cilantro, olives, salsa and sour cream, if desired.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 320 (33% from fat) | fat 12.0g (sat 3.3g) | protein 20.4g | carb 34.9g | fiber 6.1g | chol 31mg | iron 3.7g | sodium 284mg