Makes 6 servings.
- 1 pound boneless Beef round Steak, about 1 inch thick
- 1/4 cup flour seasoned with salt, ground black pepper and garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup chopped Onion
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 4-ounce can sliced Mushrooms and liquid
- 1 10-ounce package frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 to 4 cups hot cooked rice
- Cut meat in thin strips about 2 inches long. Dredge in flour.
- Quickly brown meat on all sides in hot oil in large skillet.
- Add Onion, broth, thyme and liquid from Mushrooms.
- Cover and simmer about 45 minutes, or until meat is tender. Add Mushrooms and Peas.
- Cover and cook 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream. Heat but do not boil.
- Serve over fluffy rice. Or spoon meat mixture onto plate and top each with a mound of rice.