- 1 pound Beef (flank or top sirloin Steak), cut julienne
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 piece ginger, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- A few drops of sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 1/4 cup water (if desired)
- oil for cooking
- Cut Beef across the grain. Add the marinade ingredients, and marinade Beef for about 15 minutes.
- While Beef is marinating, prepare vegetables and sauce.
- Heat wok and add 2 tablespoons oil, allowing it to drizzle down the sides.
- When oil is ready, add ginger and garlic.
- Stir-fry briefly and add onions. Stir-fry until onions are tender but not overcooked. Remove and set aside.
- Add oil to wok. Add the Beef, stir-frying until it changes color.
- If desired, add water at this point to make a gravy.
- Return the vegetables to the wok and mix well.
- Add the green Onion. Serve hot with rice.
Contributed by Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.