Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This dish can be served as an entrée or as a burrito filling. When you buy flour tortillas for burritos, choose those that are thinner or smaller, because they have fewer calories and carbohydrate.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Total time: 45 minutes | Preparation time: 10 min
- Yields 6 servings
- 1½ pounds lean beef (such as sirloin)
- 2 cups diced green chile (roasted and peeled, fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Cut beef into chunks or strips.
- Add all ingredients except cornstarch.
- Simmer, covered, for about 30 minutes.
- You may need to add a little water so mixture simmers well (don't add too much water or mixture will get soupy).
- Add cornstarch to small amount of water to make a smooth paste.
- Add to meat mixture and stir.
- Cook until cornstarch thickens (about 5 more minutes).
Nutritional information Edit
Per ⅔ cup serving:
- Calories 210 | Calories from Fat 60 | Total Fat 7 g | Cholesterol 65 mg | Sodium 290 mg | Carbohydrate 7 g | Dietary Fiber 0 g | Protein 27 g
- Exchange 4 lean meat
- Carbohydrate Units 0.5