Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The secret to this popular restaurant dish is to marinate the Beef in a bit of oil
- 3/4 lb (375 g) lean Beef, sliced thinly into bite-sized pieces
Marinade for Beef:
- Other Ingredients
- 1 1/2 Tbsp (20 mL) oil
- 1 1/2 lb (750 g) Broccoli, flowerets removed, slice on the diagonal into thin slices
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooking oil
- 2 1/2 Tbsp (30 mL) oyster sauce
- 1/2 jar of oysters (drained)
- 2 Tbsp (25 mL) light soy sauce
- 3/4 Tbsp (10 mL) dark soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) Sugar
- a few drops of sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch (if desired)
- Slice Beef and mix together marinade ingredients. Add marinade to Beef and marinate for thirty minutes.
- Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil to Beef, mix in thoroughly, and marinate Beef for another thirty minutes.
- While Beef is marinating, prepare the vegetables.
- Heat wok and add 1 cup of oil. When oil is ready, add Beef and stir-fry until it is nearly cooked.
- Remove Beef and set aside on a plate. Drain the wok and wipe clean with a paper towel.
- Add 1/2 cup water to wok. Bring the water to a boil and add the Broccoli.
- Cover and cook until Broccoli is cooked through. Remove from wok and reserve with the beef.
- Drain and dry the wok.
- Heat wok and add oil (about 2 tablespoons). Add the garlic and stir-fry for about 1 minute. Add oysters and cook another minui\te.
- Add vegetables and Beef and mix together. Make a well in the middle of the wok and add the sauce ingredients.
- Add cornstarch, stirring to thicken. Mix sauce together with other ingredients. Serve hot.
Beef Broccoli Videos Edit
Contributed by Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.