Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Yield: 4 servings
- 10 Chinese black mushrooms
- ½ pound flank steak
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger root, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, crushed
- 1 cup bamboo shoots, drained, rinsed and cubed
- 1 teaspoon cooking wine
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- ½ cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 scallion, shredded
- Place mushrooms in bowl; cover with 1 cup warm water, and soak for 10 minutes.
- Drain, discard tough stems and quarter the caps.
- Set aside.
- Trim all fat from meat, and slice in thin strips across the grain of the meat.
- Place in bowl.
- Mix 2 teaspoons cornstarch with 4 teaspoons cold water; add to meat.
- Add egg white and stir to coat meat.
- Set aside.
- Mix remaining 2 teaspoons cornstarch with 4 teaspoons cold water; reserve.
- Heat a wok over high heat for 30 seconds.
- Add ½ cup oil and swirl around wok.
- Add ½ teaspoon each ginger and garlic and the beef mix; stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from wok, draining oil.
- Put 2 tablespoons oil in wok and heat.
- Stir-fry remaining ½ teaspoon garlic and ginger until brown.
- Add reserved beef mix, bamboo shoots, mushrooms and wine.
- Stir-fry over high heat for 1 minute.
- Add soy sauce, chicken stock, salt and pepper.
- Thicken with reserved cornstarch mix, stirring gently.
- Pour into serving dish, and garnish with shredded scallion.
Nutritional information Edit
- 195 Cal (59% from Fat, 34% from Protein, 7% from Carb) | 17g Protein | 13g Tot Fat | 3g Carb | 0g Fiber | 8mg Calcium | 2mg Iron | 145 mg Sodium | 38 mg Cholesterol