Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I never use this recipe, but it is a TNT recipe. I make teriyaki sauce to taste (see notes below) the way my mom taught me (we are Japanese). But this is a basic recipe that can be used as a reference for someone who doesn't know how to make it.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 8 servings
- 1½ cups water
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 2½ teaspoons mirin (rice wine vinegar) or sake
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger root, crushed or roughly grated
- Combine marinade ingredients and pour over chicken.
- Marinate in the refrigerator at least 24 hours.
- Grill in skillet or on a flat grill.
- To just make the teriyaki sauce, leave out the water. The water is for the marinade only. I don't add water, even for a marinade.
- If you cannot find mirin or sake, you can sub with sherry, but it won't be as good.
- Most Japanese make teriyaki sauce with equal amounts of soy sauce and sugar and add garlic and ginger to taste with a splash of mirin or sake (rice wine). No recipe, just what suits their taste.
- Chicken, beef, pork, seafood (salmon and shrimp especially) are all good with teriyaki sauce. It's a very versatile marinade that can be used for nearly any protein.