Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Indonesia, this cuisine is also known locally as daging asam.
- 1 kg beef
- 1 liter coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 10 shallots, sliced finely
- ½ nutmeg
- 3 cm cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- 3 cardamoms
- 250 g potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 cm cubes
- 1 – 2 tablespoons tamarind juice
- 5 carambolas, cut into small pieces
Spices (ground) Edit
- Cut the beef into bite-size of 2 cm cubes.
- Thoroughly mixed the ground spices with the beef and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan with the margarine and saute the garlic until golden brown.
- Add the shallots and fry until soft.
- Mix in the beef, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon and cardamoms.
- Stir fry until fragrant before pouring in the coconut milk.
- When the beef is near tender, add the potatoes, tamarind juice and carambolas.
- Simmer until the ingredients are cooked and the gravy has thickened.
- Serve while hot with white rice.