Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This soup is also known as Soto Bandung in Indonesia.
- 350 g brisket
- 2 liters water
- 2 salam leaves or bay leaves
- 1 cm galangal, bruised
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, sliced finely and fried
- 75 g white soybeans, blanched and cooled
- 200 g white radish, peeled and sliced
- 2 scallions, sliced finely
- 2 sprigs Chinese parsley, sliced finely
- 2 tablespoons fried shallots
Spicy Sauce Edit
Serve with Edit
- Combine all the ingredients for the spicy sauce and mix well.
- Use a pot to boil the beef with salam leaves or bay leaves and galangal and salt until tender.
- Remove the beef from the pot, reserving 1.5 liters of the stock.
- Cut the beef into 1 cm cubes and add to the stock.
- Add fried garlic and pepper and bring to the boil.
- Add radish to the beef stock and simmer until cooked.
- Drain soybeans and add a dash of salt.
- Fry until dry and golden brown, then drain.
- Serve the soup garnished with scallions, Chinese parsley, fried soybeans and fried shallots.
- Serve with spicy sauce, sweet soy sauce and a few slices of lime.